Evan and Kim's gorgeous fedora and suspenders wedding at Carrolltown Fire Co. Banquet Hall was an absolute blast right from the beginning. These two were high school sweethearts - I actually photographed Evan's senior photos and snuck in a few of his then-girlfriend Kim. It it so honoring to me that these wonderful people showed so much loyalty to my business, not only recommending me to other family members for senior portraits, but being blessed to shoot this super fun wedding so many years later! During their engagement shoot, we had to make some time for some funny shots that really let their personality shine. You'll have to check out the one with the tractor!
Their wedding was just as fun and carefree. When I asked them what they were looking forward to the most, they said "partying and having fun!", so I made sure to capture lots of laughs. Kim was absolutely stunning in her mermaid-style gown from White Lace Bridal. Her "anything goes" easy personality made her willing to sit, jump, twirl, and get picked up by her hubby in that gorgeous dress too. After spending just a little time with there bridesmaids, who looked stunning in their gowns from Pine Ridge Bridal, I could see why they were all friends. These girls were so sweet and accommodating, willing to help me fluff dresses, hold lists, and anything else I asked of them.
I was particularly spoiled this wedding because I was able to shoot with the amazing Nathan Ballash of Ballash.s Photography who spent time with the guys in the morning, getting some awesome shots of their suspender and fedora hat wedding day style!
HOW TO BE AN AWESOME SECOND SHOOTER
Today, most couples want all of their bases covered when it comes to photography on this special day that a lot of thoughts (and dollars) were poured into. I was so excited that Nathan was able to be my amazing assistant for the day. Being thoughtful and attentive is a must for a second shooter. Listen to some of the amazingly mindful things Nathan brought to make my day, and everyone else's, easier:
- Shared location details with the "Find my Friends" app so we could keep tabs on each other while we shot at separate spots around town.
- Familiarized himself with my shooting style (I shoot primes) and brought zoom lenses to offer variety and versatility.
- Held all of my crap. And kept track of my car keys. He was basically my purse.
- Noticed needs I didn't even realize I had. Like shading me with my reflector when I was shooting in the sun.
- Learned my "modern" posing style and confidently stepped in (but not in a bossy way) to do more classic posing when I was done.
- Offered (and set up) a lighting system for the reception that was totally different than mine so I could try something new!
I feel like the fun, love, and thoughtfulness shown by everyone, vendors and bridal party alike, really show in these photos. I hope you enjoy these highlights of Kim and Evan's best day ever!